Pages

Friday, July 30, 2021

The People We Keep Review

The People We Keep is a moving story about April who leaves behind her home as a young woman to begin a new (and hopefully better) life. We get to see April at different stages of her life and the story telling is beautiful - I loved getting to know each character and Allison Larkin does an amazing job of building out the characters and making them each have strengths and weaknesses. I loved reading this book and I was sad when it ended. I gasped, I cried, I laughed. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a story of hope and finding "your people". The People We Keep is a story that will stick with me and its message will too. It was a great reminder to let people in and trust and find the good in people. Thank you to Allison Larkin, Gallery Books, and NetGalley for providing me with an advanced readers copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment