Pages

Monday, May 14, 2018

The Ensemble Review




I received an advanced copy of this book from Penguin Publishing Group via Edelweiss.
First, can we just talk about how beautiful the cover of The Ensemble is? It is GORGEOUS. 
The Ensemble is a story about four friends as they navigate through the cutthroat world of music. The story covers their relationships with one another and how their lives and interests intertwine.
I have to admit that it took me a while to get into this book, but once I did I was hooked. The story spans over the four friends lives and I never felt that I was spending too much time in one time period. The story is told by the members of the quartet which lends itself to more character development and getting to know each character. 
I was concerned at first that having no music knowledge would hinder my ability to understand this book, but it didn't. In fact, I think it may have helped me enjoy the book more because I was seeing the world of music through Gabel's eyes.
The character development in this book is flawless and the characters are lovable. My only word of caution for those interested in this book would be if you have a hard time keeping up with different narrators or you prefer shorter books with less filler, then I would maybe skip this book. Otherwise, I would highly recommend.
The Ensemble is available on May 15, 2018.


No comments:

Post a Comment